Health Minister Zweli Mkhize said on Saturday night that there was another confirmed death – a 61-year-old man from the Western Cape who had underlying health problems.
There are now 25 confirmed deaths in South Africa.
Since yesterday there are 15 new COVID-19 cases, bringing the total of confirmed cases 2028, Mkhize said.
The total number of COVID-19 tests concluded to date is 75053.
The Health Minister said on Twitter that so far the experience recorded is once you’ve had the infection, one does not get reinfected.
According to Mkhize KwaZulu-Natal has a high death toll, more than 6 patients have died from one institution. We need to get into why this is so. We have now decided the hospital needs to be closed down and an investigation needs to be launched.
The Minister says that after the lockdown has ended, South Africans will need to continue with social distancing, regular washing of hands and mask wearing.