With summer approaching please be vigilant when you are using hoses in the garden.
Many people will leave the hose on the floor or in the reel and water can still remain in the hose, a that hose is left in the sun all day the water remaining inside can become extremely hot.
Children love to play with hoses and they have an urge to always turn the tap on. The remaining water that has been heated up will flow out first and can come in contact with children causing severe burns.
The above image is a case where a parent aimed a hose at her child and then turned on the tap which sprayed out 60 degree water and caused 2nd degree burns.