More and more countries are tightening security measures amid the growing Covid 19 epidemic.
The World Health Organization (WHO) has not yet asked for an overall travel ban, mainly due to medical supplies being flown to needy countries.
The International Air Transport Association and WHO have issued guidelines for travelers who need to make use of air transport:
- Do not travel anywhere if you feel sick
- If you develop flu symptoms during your trip, visit a doctor as soon as possible
- Wash your hands with soap for at least 20 seconds
- Do not come in close contact with anyone with flu symptoms
- Travelers from countries where incidents are increasing should make extra efforts and consciously note if they are showing any symptoms of flu
Other notable protection methods:
- Face masks can offer some protection
- Seek early medical help when you develop flu-like symptoms
- Avoid unprotected contact with animals
- If you have returned from an infected area, stay inside and avoid contact with people for 14 days
Staying up to date with the Covid 19 Coronavirus can help to keep you safe.
To see if your area is affected, you can visit the Coronavirus COVID-19 Global Cases by Johns Hopkins CSSE website.