In 2019 we have seen the Zondo commission, EFF in and out of court and state capture on a large scale. The question is, will 2020 be the year when corrupt and dangerous government officials will be held accountable?
Below we will list upcoming court cases in early 2020:
- Julius Malema appeared in court on November 20 for assaulting a senior police officer during Winnie Mandela’s funeral. He also appeared on Nov. 27 on a charge of an unlawful firing of a firearm. These cases have been moved to early 2020.
- Thandi Modise, chair of the National Council of Provinces, will appear on animal abuse charges on March 24, 2020.
- Former SARS chief Tom Moyane appears on May 5, 2020, on a charge of assault.
- The work of the commission under Judge Raymond Zondo is supposed to be completed by August 2020.
- Jacob Zuma will appear before the court in February 2020.
- Economic Freedom Fighters v Minister of Justice and Constitutional Development and Another in February 2020.
- Sonke Gender Justice NPC v President of Republic of South Africa and Others in March 2020.
- Smit v Minister of Justice and Correctional Services and Others in February 2020.
These are a few of the high profile cases coming up in early 2020. Below you can see the footage of EFF assaulting an officer and firing life rounds into a crowd of people.
Both of these cases were taken up by the Civil rights group Afriforum.